Mystery meter reading....

I noticed on my account that a gas meter reading was submitted on 12 August by the customer. Except it wasn’t me…I was hundreds of miles away at the time so wasn’t reading my meter, or submitting anything. The reading looks fairly accurate. I’m stumped, and wondered if it had something to do with my dumb meter becoming smart again?

I noticed on my account that a gas meter reading was submitted on 12 August by the customer. Except it wasn’t me...I was hundreds of miles away at the time so wasn’t reading my meter, or submitting anything. The reading looks fairly accurate. I’m stumped, and wondered if it had something to do with my dumb meter becoming smart again?

I wonder if Bulb will know the answer, have you contacted their Help desk?. I mention this as you have posted on a Community forum for fellow customers and none of us will have access to your account details.

I plan to contact them, just wondered if anyone else had come across this.

This happened to me too while I was away on holiday on 31st July. What is even more worrying is the reading submitted was wildly inaccurate suggesting I had used 9 months of gas in 2 weeks. I have sent an email and got a response saying it normally takes 10 days to reply! Online chat is constantly saying ‘we are very busy’. I’ve only been with Bulb a few months and starting to wonder if I made the right decision as communicating with them is very difficult.

Yes, I got the same, 10 working days to reply, which doesn’t really seem acceptable.