Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey, goodbye

I joined Bulb around 1 year ago. I have the simplest of accounts: pre-payment electricity only. Heating and cooking are via gas. I live in a one-bedroomed flat with: 1 TV, 1 desktop computer, 1 kettle, 1 microwave, 1 small fridge-freezer, 1 washing machine, 1 router, and 5 light bulbs.

My electricity costs have almost doubled to £700 per year. The entries on my meter readings page are totally random and bear no correlation with the figures displayed by my meter.

Heading for pastures new . . .

2 Likes

Bulb are charging me £1560 p/y for a 2 bed flat. And they send an email asking why I’m leaving… Hmm I wonder why

2 Likes

Hey @surtseyana

As you have prepayment meters we won’t be using readings to bill you to- you’ll top up £X and use as you go. If you’re topping up more than usual its worth checking whether anything in the property changed recently to cause higher use- though of course the tariff did also change in May so this is worth bearing in mind.

We don’t get information as frequently these can be estimated as we only get a reading when you top up. I’d advise looking at the meter itself as it’ll show the right info as you go! Meter readings can be seen on the meter on Screen [H] if you do want to look for it.

– H :bulb: