Need to have my meter checked

Have requested an engineer from Siemens to check the accuracy of my meter. Only two in the house and we have rarely used the electric heating as we have an efficient log burner. My bills through the last year have been around £320 a month. Goodness knows what it will be next month?

Hey @DennisH. sorry to hear about your large bills. Meter checks are useful however its quite common the issue lies elsewhere however its worth getting the meter checked,

Have you discussed this date with siemens directly?

In terms of keeping costs low in the meantime we would suggest following some energy saving tips until the meter is checked. our guide here shows some ideal tips however there are other articles to read such as getting more energy efficient appliances and the benefits too.

Let us know if you have any questions about the this or your account.

–Carl :bulb:

Carl,
I contacted you some time ago and you were arranging a visit from Siemens. Can you update please

Hi Dennis

Thanks for chasing this up. A meter accuracy test has been booked for 29th April between 8am-12pm. Does this work for you?

– Robyn :bulb:

Robyn,
Many thanks in my diary!

Kind regards,
Dennis
Ilton Estate

Robyn,
I assume the engineer is coming tomorrow as I’ve not had confirmation from Siemens.

Kind regards,
Dennis
Ilton Estate

Hi @DennisH :wave:

The engineer was booked for 29th April 8-12 was there any issue with the appointment?

Did the engineer confirm if the meter was recording accurately or inaccurately?

We can chase this up for you if the meter was recording inaccurately.

Any questions please drop them below :point_down:

Best,
Luke :bulb:

Luke,
The engineer did turn up and found the meter faulty. He is sending you a report showing significant overcharge ing upto 22.85% see below. What happens next ?

Kind regards,
Dennis
Ilton Estate

Any update please

Kind regards,
Dennis
Ilton Estate

Any update please

Kind regards,
Dennis
Ilton Estate

Hi @DennisH :wave:

I can see my colleague has been dealing with this for you over email. He has sent you a reply today and so you can get back to him there.

Thanks,
– KT :bulb: