New account and previous owner

I have just put a request to join bulb. I will be able to submit first readings by the 21 of april. I have moved into my new home, which had a different company supplying energy. The previous house owner closed their account with them. Bulb have said my switch will be complete by the 26 of april. Who supplies my energy from now to the 26th of April and who do I have to pay???

It is important to give the old supplier a move in meter read and phone Bulb to find out what they want and when.

The previous supplier will continue to supply until the switch is made, you wont be without energy at any point.

If you don’t create an account with the previous/current supllier, they may block the switch.

I don’t have an account with the old supplier… I don’t see why I should… The previous owner has already closed their account with the previous supplier… (Igloo) I’m not sure what to do now… Will Igloo come to me asking for money? The other thing is, I just moved to the house today and I see that my meter is not moving at all… The bar in the meter is not moving at all… Is this related to me switching accounts?

I don't have an account with the old supplier... I don't see why I should... The previous owner has already closed their account with the previous supplier... (Igloo) I'm not sure what to do now... Will Igloo come to me asking for money? The other thing is, I just moved to the house today and I see that my meter is not moving at all... The bar in the meter is not moving at all... Is this related to me switching accounts?

Please see Moving into a home that's supplied by Bulb – Bulb The current supplier of your home needs to be informed that you are responsible for taking over the supply, they will supply and bill you for energy used until your actual switch to Bulb.

I don't have an account with the old supplier... I don't see why I should...

Don’t see why you should? Surely the fact that they’re currently supplying your property with energy is a good reason?

Remember that energy companies supply properties, they don’t supply people. The fact that the previous owner of the property has informed the supplier they are no longer responsible for the bill at that property is of no relevance. You are now responsible for the bill with that supplier at that property therefore you need an account.

You need to confirm your details with the current supplier of your property before you can switch the property to a different supplier.

If the meter is not moving, even though you know you are using energy and are definitely looking at the right meter, then there is a fault. This is unrelated to you switching energy suppliers. Your supplier only handles the billing, nothing changes at the meter. If it turns out that the meter is at fault, and has been for some time, then you might be in for a world of pain in terms of providing your opening meter readings on the day you took responsibility for the property, and ensuring you’re billed correctly. Good luck!

Thanks very much guys. This helps me a lot. By the way, my saying that I don’t see why I should have an account doesn’t mean I don’t want to pay, it means that the reasons were unclear to me, but your explanation has made it very clear now, I will go ahead and call the current supplier of the property to try and establish an account. Regarding the matter of the meter… Do you know who can I call? I’m really worried about this

Regarding the matter of the meter... Do you know who can I call? I'm really worried about this

I would say you should call the current supplier for the property as Bulb haven’t yet taken over your supply.

I am considering transferring from OVO ENERGY to BULB and already have a SMART METER installed by OVO. Can this be used or do you have to install a new one ?

Depending on the version of smart meter you may have to initially submit manual readings until the various upgrades have been done.