New customer

Bulb have asked for a meter reading- I log onto the app and my electric one is already there but no the gas is filled in? If I look on the website both readings are there but I haven’t given these readings? Could it be from my smart meter? I had an email asking to submit readings but the app leads me to the already filled in electric with no option to add a reading myself.

I Have a smart meater but bolb cant read that meater i have asked them to give me a new one Sow How long have i to what to get this smart meater

I think mine is a second generation smart meter which I think transfers.

I would give monthly readings as the smart meters being fitted are having no end of trouble

The app and only e wont lead me to an option to enter myself

hi
just i join to the bulb and i do not know what kind of meter i have! how i can found this ?

I just googled and mine looks like the second generation smart meter

Hi @Tssh,

If you have a second generation smart meter Bulb should be able to read your meter remotely and get sent automatic meter readings. If you’d like to submit some readings just in case, you can email them to us at help@bulb.co.uk and we’ll note them down for you. :slight_smile:

As @trav11er explained, if you have a first generation smart meter, only the supplier that installed this meter can communicate with it at the minute. Later this year we’re hopefully sending out a software update to these meters so they become second generation smart meters. This will mean we can then take remote readings and if you switch supplier they’ll also be able to read your meter remotely. :slight_smile:

Thanks,
Pollyanna

As @trav11er explained, if you have a first generation smart meter, only the supplier that installed this meter can communicate with it at the minute.

You’re reading mine. What happened to the “we can read about 1/3 of existing SMETS1 meters” statement?

I’m in contact with bulb now whi are looking into it as they are receiving readings but my display is now not showing £ for what we have used and is only showing electric not gas.

I'm in contact with bulb now whi are looking into it as they are receiving readings but my display is now not showing £ for what we have used and is only showing electric not gas.

For those that doubt me, I think this vindicates what I’ve been saying all along. The smart meter problems are entirely on the Bulb side of the software, despite what they may say. A customer with an existing SMETS2 fully working IHD switches to Bulb and suddenly the display stops working properly and the meter readings don’t get through. There have been other examples of this from SMETS2 switching customers, can’t be bothered trying to find them now.

They have told me they are receiving my readings though - they are looking into it so il let you know the outcome.