New Home Owner

Hi,
We are completing on our first home on the 16th Feb, and my dad has recommended Bulb to us because of the green aspect as it is something I feel passionately about.
We are looking to start being a bulb customer but only have the option to switch - is there a way to sign up as a new first time customer and use the voucher link my dad provided as a recommendation?
Any help would be greatly appreciated
Thanks

If what your dad has given you is in the form bulb.co.uk/refer/namenumber, just type or copy/paste it into your browser address bar to start the quote and sign up process.

When you buy the house, it will already* be supplied with electricity from someone (even a new build) and so it will be a “Switch” to Bulb from the existing supplier. If it’s something like a “new build” (which we moved into a few years ago), you’ll be on a deemed contract which was setup by the house builder and you’ll be free to switch - however, it may require to call/contact Bulb as, depending on when the house was actually connected to the “grid” and you gaining possession, it may not be on the appropriate databases yet or that information may not have been circulated to Bulb. I know when we purchased our new build, we had a number of suppliers say that they couldn’t take over our utilities because of this (“we dont deal with new builds: try in a year time”/“not our database - it could be several months”) - I’ve got no idea if this could be the same with Bulb as Bulb weren’t really around back then.

• = Ok, there is a chance you may have purchased a brand new property (or built it yourself) and it comes with absolutely no electricity connection. In that case, erm, I guess you’ll have to find out who your electricity distributor is in your area, get them to connect you to the grid and then then take it from there.
Hi, We are completing on our first home on the 16th Feb, and my dad has recommended Bulb to us because of the green aspect as it is something I feel passionately about. We are looking to start being a bulb customer but only have the option to switch - is there a way to sign up as a new first time customer and use the voucher link my dad provided as a recommendation? Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks

Thanks @198kHz and @RichyB for your helpful tips!

@amyilona - Congratulations on the new home! We’d love to have you as a member. Do you know who the existing supplier for the home is? If so, you can let them know you’re moving in and transfer the energy account over to you. Once that’s done, we can then start the switching process to Bulb. You can always give us a ring if you’d like to talk through (0300 30 30 635). Let us know how you get on and look forward to welcoming you soon.