New Home

Hi, I’ve moved into a new house as of yesterday evening. My friend sent me a referral for bulb and I filled it in but the notification said Bulb won’t be supplying till Dec 21st. I wasn’t asked for my meter reading. Have I gone about this the wrong way? How do I fix it? Thanks

Fret ye not :slight_smile: that’s how switching works - 21 days from application to actual switch. Here’s the process from Bulb’s help pages -

Hi, I've moved into a new house as of yesterday evening. My friend sent me a referral for bulb and I filled it in but the notification said Bulb won't be supplying till Dec 21st. I wasn't asked for my meter reading. Have I gone about this the wrong way? How do I fix it? Thanks

Energy companies do not supply people, they supply properties.

Until your switch to Bulb is complete, the energy to the property will continue to be supplied by whoever the previous occupant was using. You should have been given this information when you took ownership the property or completed the tenancy agreement. I’d recommend you contact whoever is the existing supplier and give them your details and the opening meter readings from the date you moved in. You’ll then be billed by them until your switch to Bulb is complete.