New House, New Meter?

Hi everyone :slight_smile:

I have just moved into a new house that is all electric. The previous owner had started transitioning from Economy 8 to a new system by removing some of the storage headers and replacing them with electric radiators. Currently they have a Economy 8 meter (from SSE) and an Economy 7 water heater control panel without a timer, it just runs from midnight to 7 or similar.

Like this,
https://google.com/search?q=Horstmann+E7BX&client=firefox-b&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwi2vLXlnLjcAhVMCMAKHe-oAk8Q_AUIDCgD&biw=1760&bih=860#imgrc=GOnJF-Hkq3-aZM:

My electrican says if I want a timer on my water heater I need to get an Economy 7 compatible version and not just a standard immersion control timer as the wiring is different. I would want a timer as I want a standard tariff (not economy 7/8) and don’t want to run it during the night on normal tariff energy.

Before my electrician does any work I want to know if I go with Bulb can I get a new meter installed and is there a signifcant charge? This way I could fix the water heater issues and switch supplier in one go. If it helps, the postcode is EH21 7SW.

Sorry for the long winded question. Thanks in advance!

@Scott1993 - Bulb would definitely replace your meter if that’s what you think will work best. Generally, the cost for a meter exchange is £120, but we’ll give you a more precise quote when you’re ready to book the job. Just note that the E7 water heater is probably cheaper for you to run during the night as opposed to during the day or anytime on a single tariff setup.

When it comes to the timer and the internal wiring of your appliances, your electrician is definitely the best person to talk to

@Scott1993 - Bulb would definitely replace your meter if that's what you think will work best. Generally, the cost for a meter exchange is £120, but we'll give you a more precise quote when you're ready to book the job. Just note that the E7 water heater is probably cheaper for you to run during the night as opposed to during the day or anytime on a single tariff setup.

When it comes to the timer and the internal wiring of your appliances, your electrician is definitely the best person to talk to

Thanks Ralf.

Just to make life easier. Could I keep my economy meter but switch to Bulb and pay a standard (non economy) tariff? Would I need to get a new meter or can I combined the Rate 1 and Rate 2 readings like some suppliers can and Bulb can bill me for the total?

@Scott1993

Unfortunately, if you have an economy 7 meter you have to be on the economy 7 tariff. We would have to replace your meter if you wanted just a 1 rate meter.

H

@Scott1993

Unfortunately, if you have an economy 7 meter you have to be on the economy 7 tariff. We would have to replace your meter if you wanted just a 1 rate meter.

Hi Dan, can I just clarify that please? I was googling and found this post which you have seem to have said the opposite?

http://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/2257/changing-economy-7-meter-to-single-rate

@Scott1993

Hi Scott,

We did used to offer single-rate tariffs for people with two-rate meters, but I’m afraid we can’t do that anymore as we have to buy electricity according to the standard settlement configuration of each meter (basically, the times in which your meter records electricity usage and whether it’s peak or off-peak).

Unfortunately, this means that if someone has an Economy 7 meter, we’ll have to put them on an Economy 7 plan.

All the best,
Caspar.

No problem, many thanks for all the help!

Can your meter display “total usage” as well as the two rates separately? Then you don’t need to change it, and can use standard as well as eco7.

Alternatively you could add the two readings together to get the total.

@tutike Was it necessary to resurrect a 6 month old thread and directly contradict the answer from Bulb? Do you know better than Bulb as to how they purchase energy?