New smart meter installed. Not commissioned and no IHD (and no economy 7?)

Hi Bulb

Just had my meters installed by the very nice Siemens people. They said it couldn’t be commissioned because of signal, but that “someone” would sort it out remotely and get back to me. (1) Who is the someone, and how will they contact me? (2) The Siemens people also said I would get an IHD in the post - is that from Bulb or someone else?

(3) finally, one of the main reasons to get the smart meter was to get an economy 7 tariff (Bulb said, “don’t need to pay £100 to get an e7 meter as the new smart meters will do both”), but reading Eleanor’s recent post it looks like me new meter won’t support economy 7! Does that mean I’ll have to get another new meter so I can get economy 7? It has already been pretty disruptive since I had to remove the toilet for this install.

Thanks for any answers.

Bulb aren’t offering the Economy7 tariff via their smart meters at present although may do so at a future date. As an alternative to £120 installation cost of an Economy7 meter, there’s always the Smart Tariff if you can cope with the Monday-Friday peak rate.

It has already been pretty disruptive since I had to remove the toilet for this install.
That's impressive!

Was it a numpty who installed the toilet in front of the meters, or a numpty who decided to install the meters behind a toilet?

It has already been pretty disruptive since I had to remove the toilet for this install.
That's impressive!

Was it a numpty who installed the toilet in front of the meters, or a numpty who decided to install the meters behind a toilet?

No idea. Been there before I moved in. It’s not behind the toilet but to the side. Bulb requested 2 feet of space around it so the toilet had to be moved. But yeah, not the best place to put it, was it?! :slight_smile: