New smart meter not connecting to my monitor

Hi just got my new electric smart meter fitted but not my gas. Seems they will need to come back and do that as they didn’t have the right parts for my gas one !
The problem is my display monitor will not give me any readings. It says waiting for current data. The signal between the monitor and electric meter is not great it is only showing one bar but my WiFi signal is at full strength. Not sure if you need both gas and electricity connected for it to work correctly ?
Have moved the display about the house and even had it next to the meter but the signal doesn’t change. Anyone had one fitted with the same problems ?

Try the reset here if it’s the same meters http://community.bulb.co.uk/discussion/comment/28499#Comment_28499
If it doesn’t connect, then it may not have been configured. Does the IHD show an engineering option in the setup menu? If it does, try going in there to start the pairing but it’s possible they won’t initiate it until both meters are installed. My installer wanted both meters on the network before I set up the IHD.

Hi bulb have got back to me and have been told they are looking into it. It might be the signal in my area that is weak so they might not be able to sort it ! Will try the link on reseting meter sometime this week and see if that helps thanks

Steve73. same issue here, what a con. the advise in the booklet is useless. engineer didn’t have a clue why either. appalling. this was the main reason i had agreed to an install in the first place. - bulb need to change there network provider and equipment. also what the point in the wifi connection then?

Mine is exactly the same - engineer couldnt sort my gas either - so just did my electric… he didnt even ask for my wifi password(?!) so smart meter isnt linked to my wifi? He set up the smart meter and said it would take 24-48 hours. Its almost 72 hours and still saying waiting for data. My signal strength goes between 1 and 2 bars… yours sounds exactly the same issue as mine. But the engineer implied that it would work without gas…?

Smart meters aren’t supposed to be connected to your home Wi-Fi network they connect to one of the mobile phone networks and they make there own little network of just the meters and the in-home display using the ZigBee protocol.

And yet bulb say the installation engineer will connect your IHD to your home wifi (my engineer didn’t) and they provide detailed instructions on how to connect to home wifi. Agreed that there seems to be no point in having wifi switched on at present.

And yet bulb say the installation engineer will connect your IHD to your home wifi (my engineer didn't) and they provide detailed instructions on how to connect to home wifi. Agreed that there seems to be no point in having wifi switched on at present.

My Siemens engineer said that the WiFi connection from the IHD to your home WiFi is just used so Bulb can remotely update the software on the IHD.

Smart meters aren't supposed to be connected to your home Wi-Fi network they connect to one of the mobile phone networks and they make there own little network of just the meters and the in-home display using the ZigBee protocol.
The Smart Meters communications hub on top of the electricity meter connects to either a long range Arqiva wireless network in the North or a Telefonica GSM network in the South, as well as the Zigbee HAN within your house (868MHz/2.4GHz).
And yet bulb say the installation engineer will connect your IHD to your home wifi (my engineer didn't) and they provide detailed instructions on how to connect to home wifi. Agreed that there seems to be no point in having wifi switched on at present.
My Siemens engineer said that the WiFi connection from the IHD to your home WiFi is just used so Bulb can remotely update the software on the IHD.

The WiFi connection is only available on the “CAD” versions of the IHD. Some members have had the “PPMID” version installed that has no WiFi functionality.

The WiFi can be used for upgrading the firmware on the units, but also to send more frequent meter readings (and real-time readings) to Bulb. Bulb don’t currently do anything with this information (AFAIK) but OVO did trial this functionality previously before disabling it due to issues (admittedly on SMETS1 meters).