New tariff increase?

Has anyone received an email from Bulb, saying that there is going to be an increase in November?

Has anyone received an email from Bulb, saying that there is going to be an increase in November?

I guess we all have. You will also see full details on your “Account & tariff” page at: https://account.bulb.co.uk/dashboard/personal-details under messages.

Maybe Bulb should create a fixed tariff…

Their variable now has higher priced gas than British Gas!

Maybe Bulb should create a fixed tariff...

There are dozens out there if you really want one, but it’s easy to get caught out if the market moves the ‘wrong’ way.
Personally I prefer Bulb’s straightforward ‘one tariff’ approach, closely following market trends.
If wholesale prices continue to rise, BG and others won’t be slow in raising prices. If they fall, Bulb will be quick to reduce prices, as they’ve done seven times since their inception in 2015.
Also, as with phone/broadband, insurance and other services, customer service is a consideration.

I thought from a previous posting you had decided to switch to British Gas? One problem I see with switching to British Gas fixed tariff is that there is a £30 exit fee per fuel. Should Bulb’s price go down in the next 12 months you would have to factor in the £60 exit fee (i.e. if on a dual fuel contract) if switching back to Bulb for example.

I thought from a previous posting you had decided to switch to British Gas? One problem I see with switching to British Gas fixed tariff is that there is a £30 exit fee per fuel. Should Bulb’s price go down in the next 12 months you would have to factor in the £60 exit fee (i.e. if on a dual fuel contract) if switching back to Bulb for example.

I am.

My other problem is Bulb won’t let me use a single rate for my economy 7, so I am paying more for electricity than I should (they want £120 for a new meter).

I don’t anticipate gas going down in the next 5-6 months, so if Bulb do decrease it then we’re into months where we use far less gas anyway.

I wonder what factors prevent an Economy 7 meter being charged at a single rate. Apparently a lot of energy suppliers also don’t allow single rate tariffs with an Economy 7 meter, a small number do allow this according to a Google search.

Hi all, as mentioned our prices will go down if the cost of gas does, this is part of the ups and downs of a variable tariff. @darren8792 @Allanr The decision to not allow a single tariff on an economy 7 meter is to do with how we buy electricity. We will lose money if buying power at a standard rate and then charging for it at a lower rate because it’s being used on an economy 7 tariff. We have to balance our purchasing with our billing.