New tenancy, 1st time customer

Hi!
I’ve just signed the lease for a housing association flat, and have never been a Bulb customer (or a Direct Debit customer of any energy company - it’s always been meters).
Do you think I’ll have any problems becoming a customer?

If you’ve got any debt on your current prepay meter then you will need to pay that off when you move, but there shouldn’t be anything stopping you from moving into the new property with a credit meter.

If you have any financial difficulties with paying your direct debits in the future then an energy company may want to move you onto another pre-pay meter, but otherwise all should be fine.

On a related note, if you’ve not already got a referral code (to get your £50 sign-up bonus with Bulb) send me a PM and I can hook you up.

Thanks for the reply!
In my last accommodation, it was actually a coin meter. I was there nearly 5 years. For a year before that, I was in a flat with the bill in my flatmates name. For approximately 5 years before that, I’d a prepay meter.
I don’t really have a credit rating, as I tend to be very frugal or pay for something outright.
Just worried I may be without a supply if there’s an issue, as I’ve chronic mobility problems.

@GrahamCrossan78, it’s actually quite a hassle for an energy company to disconnect a credit meter so it’s unlikely that you’ll have any issues here.

Not paying for things on credit also doesn’t necessarily mean you’re going to have a bad credit rating, just perhaps not as good a one as you could have.

If you’re still in any way concerned, I’d suggest giving Bulb a ring (0300 30 30 635) to discuss this with them.

Thank you!
Sorry, I didn’t specify properly - the new property does not have a prepay meter.