New to Bulb

Hi

I recently just moved to Bulb but the previous tenants has a metre fitted for there gas i think it was with robin hood energy !! unsure now my questions is when i moved to bulb im on pay monthly by DD but the metre is now down to £3 what will happen as my gas is setup for DD?

Im paying £89 by Direct Debit for gas/Electric and now I have to go top up my gas metre as I got no gas.

Hi

I recently just moved to Bulb but the previous tenants has a metre fitted for there gas i think it was with robin hood energy !! unsure now my questions is when i moved to bulb im on pay monthly by DD but the metre is now down to £3 what will happen as my gas is setup for DD?

I’m just another customer but from what you are saying you have a prepayment smart meter. If so then “Your old supplier will swap you over to a credit meter at midnight on the day before your switch. They’ll be able to do this remotely, so they won’t need to enter your property.”

Have you had a switch date from Bulb or do you know for a fact you have switched to Bulb.

Please see this article for further information: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001232092-Can-I-switch-to-Bulb-with-a-smart-meter-

thank you so much and everything is moved over to bulb and charging me for gas by my prepaid metre not smart is still with my old supplier and so far im topping this up every week as been 3 weeks, I wasn’t sure once the credit on metre goes to zero it will just keep to supply it doesn’t now ive ruled that out, I need to get in touch with bulb.