New Variable Direct Debit

I have had an email conversation with an advisor at help@bulb.co.uk about setting up a new variable DD to pay statement amounts in arrears.

The advisor does not understand what I require so I would be grateful if a member of Team Bulb would advise if this is possible.

If this sort of DD is arranged what appears in my account settings to reflect this?

They probably would have understood you if you’d said you’d like to pay by DD the statement amount on receipt.

The app will nag you to set up a regular payment. Just ignore it!

That is correct. Contact customer services and they’ll arrange it for you.

Hi @geevo41 :wave:

If you are paying on receipt of the bill - which I can see you are - then the payments section in your Bulb account can be ignored because the payment amount and date will be incorrect.

Instead we’ll take the exact amount of your statement each month within 2 weeks of you receiving the bill.

– Meg :bulb:

Hi Megan,
How do I set up a variable direct debit on my account.
Regards
Paul Mahoney

Hi @Hector1954, Thank you for posting, welcome to community :wave:t4:

Instead of paying a fixed amount on your direct debit each month, your direct debit amount would just adjust to what your bill comes to for the month. As you have a large credit on the account we would first use this before taking any funds from your direct debit.

I have set this up for you now, please let me know if you have any further questions.

Have a lovely day.

–Suki :hibiscus:

Hi Sukiyaki,
I was just enquiring, please do not make any adjustments to my account if you have please revert my account to its original state.
I will continue with making a set amount as set up in my direct debit.
Kind Regards
Paul Mahoney

Hey @Hector1954

Your account has now been reverted back to paying monthly.

– Robyn :bulb:

Hi, Robyn_at_Bulb i’d like to set up my account to be a variable direct debit. i didn’t get much help from customer services. I have a direct debit instruction pending in the next few days is it possible to change my account now?
Regards,
Nigel Studd

I am interested in changing to variable direct debit. What do I need to do?

Hi @nigel.studd and welcome to the community :wave:

I have now amended you to pay via variable direct debit. This means your direct debit will still stand but when your statement is produced each month, you will be charged any outstanding balance on the account. If the funds are not available, and we cannot take the payment within 10 days of your statement date, you will be charged a missed payment fee.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Hi @danco

At the moment it looks as though there are issues with your supply with regards to who supplies which MPAN. Once this has been sorted, we can then arrange a variable direct debit for you.

Yes, that would be so. There has been a confusion ever since I moved in, because of a common issue with new builds where the plot number and postal address are different. I know that Eon and Bulb are attempting to cleat this up, but it seems a mess at present.

Is this the reason why my account with you is so confused? You seem to have been crediting my account with payments I previously made, and then debiting them again. And you made my SMETS1 meter smart again last September, but recently have removed all the data that was previously available, and are not showing any new data.

Nobody, either from Bulb or Eon, has actually told me what is going on, so I am finding things very difficult to understand at present.

I spoke to someone last month about changing my dd to variable and they told me they had done this. Today I noticed they have still taken the higher amount which is over 3 times what I have actually used! My account is already around £180 in credit! At a time like this people can’t afford for these mistakes to be made!

Thanks for that Robyn.

Hi @danco

It looks like you’ve had statement corrections on your account which is where we reimburse the account with an inaccurate statement and then take out the correct amount via another statement.

We do appreciate your patience whilst we fix the account. I do understand that you haven’t been told much, however what we are doing is very complex, working with the industry as well as Eon.

Hi @Fiestars and welcome to the community :wave:

I’m sorry this hasn’t been updated. I’ve updated this now for you so your next payment will be for the outstanding balance after your May statement has been produced.

Thank you. That does help. I’ve also been talking to one of your people via Twitter.

I do understand that the situation is complex. I - and the management of my apartment block - have been trying to get things straight for over two Years! However, until recently, I at least knew what was going on. Until the replies from you and your colleague on Twitter, I was completely confused with what was happening this past month.

Thanks for your response. I do have a couple of questions, which I wonder if you feel able to answer. Strictly speaking, they are not entirely issues with Bulb, so you may be too busy to reply, but an answer would help me in understanding the issues and how to deal with them…

1. Am I correct in saying that Eon’s current tariff is exactly the same as Bulb’s current tariff, or almost the same?

2. I now know that part of the problem is that my meter is shown as associated with the MPANs belonging to Flat 27, Belle Vue Apartments, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2AQ and also to Flat 31, Belle Vue Apartments, Rowland Hill Street, London NW3 2AQ. This seems to be due to a much earlier attempt to settle my address issues which was not properly completed. When I moved in, there was certainly a different meter associated with flat 27 - I have its serial number. Can you tell me if there is currently only the one meter belonging to the MPAN for flat 27, or whether my meter and the other one are both shown?

I spoke to someone last month about changing my dd to variable and they told me they had done this. However, my nommal amount was taken last month, and the pending payment on my account is this amount again.

Can this please be sorted.