No gas meter readings since the 26th March

I have had no gas meter readings on the bulb app since the 26th March. The electricity meter continues to report daily as usual. What has happened ? I really need to keep my gas usage under control. Is anything happening about new IHD’s for smet1 smart meter users ?

Hey,

We can see we have got a recent gas reading in April for your account however you may need to delete and reinstall the app to get these reads on there. It looks like we have attempted to get your meter updated to the new network over the last few months which is possibly why the app has not shown the usage. This can put a slight pause on that while we get everything connected.

Let us know if deleting and re-adding the app helps.

–Carl :bulb:

Hi,
Tried removing and reinstalling app, no change. Gas readings stopped on 26th a few days before price increases.

Can you supply a IHD so I can monitor gas usage ?

Thanks,
Grant

I’m in the same position. I have been reporting for months that my gas readings aren’t being sent and was told by Bulb that they are getting the readings. I got my bill this morning and lo and behold no smart readings since 17 March and an estimated reading for today. Fortunately I have been sending in manual readings but that is not the point. My bills show one smart reading since January and this previously left me with a debit through no fault of my own. I was given credit for this “inconvenience” but now it looks like my so called smart meter is not so smart after all. Will Bulb address this or will they continue to ignore the issue?

Hi @brodiwan, unfortunately, we are not able to supply you with an IHD as you have the first generation of smart meters. Bulb never installed this type of meter and so we do not have displays that are compatible.

The usage graphs are in a beta trial phase and so there can be intermittent issues with them at times. I am sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.

Hi @Alanmac I can see we are getting smart gas readings but the connection looks as though it may be weak, this is because the readings are not always received by us for your billing date. This is why estimates are used instead.

I can see you have updated your reading frequency so this may help the connection. We can wait and see if a smart gas reading is used on your billing for May.

Let me know if either of you has any questions about this,

– KT :bulb:

Just seen this reply to my query. If the signal is weak then I would expect Bulb to do something about it. Like a lot of customers I was constantly bombarded with e-mails telling me the benefits of smart meters until I, against advice, agreed to have them fitted. What was the point if they don’t do as they are supposed and I have to send in manual readings monthly so as not to end up with a deficit because you can’t sort a simple connection problem. Your App and website do not show any smart readings for either service since 7th May which sort of goes against what you are saying. Can you tell me if Bulb will be addressing my connection issues or am I stuck with a system not fit for purpose?

Hi @Alanmac :wave:t4:

Your smart meter and in-home display communicate via a secure national network which is solely for smart meters. This works in the same way as other wireless systems like car remote keys or TVs, using radio waves, sadly we as an energy company cannot control this.

For now you will need to provide some manual readings until we are able to capture your readings automatically.

Sorry for any inconveniences

–Suki :hibiscus: