NO GAS!!

I have no gas and spoken to the emergency gas board and they have told me the metre is faulty. How do I speak to someone to get this sorted. I have no heating or hot water or any means of cooking and have 6 children at home 3 of which are under 3!

Hi @chris1986 I can see that you have spoken to Tim today who has booked an engineer. Can you confirm when they have arrived so we know everything is OK?

@“MattG at Bulb”, for the benefit of other members, can you expand on what the issue is considered to be?

Is it a case of a lack of gas supply for the one property? If so, in what way is this possible without a prepayment meter?

@mowcius It was just for one property, it turned out to be a credit gas meter that was faulty!

@mowcius It was just for one property, it turned out to be a credit gas meter that was faulty!
Was it a smart credit gas meter?

I was under the impression that standard gas meters do not physically have a valve in them to be able to be able to stop the gas supply (but most smart meters do to allow them to be used as prepay meters as well as credit meters in the future).