No Gas

How do I contact Bulb as I have no gas! Bill paid! Been with them 1 month and this happens! Called number but only open Mon to Fri! WTF!

0800 111 999

you have ring National Gas Service Emergency Line if no gas supply according to bulb help pages

How do I contact Bulb as I have no gas! Bill paid! Been with them 1 month and this happens! Called number but only open Mon to Fri! WTF!

Assuming you are not a prepaid customer with a card for the meter it is unlikely your gas has been cut off by switching across to Bulb.

If you are sure your gas has been cut-off rather than a faulty appliance, you can seek advice via this Bulb page: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001228911-What-should-I-do-in-case-of-emergency-

No it’s a Fault on the inward gas valve which only Bulb can turn on. Advised to contact them, however Bulb has no out of hours emergency telephone no to contact!

Furthermore I have gas for central heating and cooking. I’m flabbergasted that a company do have an “Out of Hours” telephone number!

You say you have gas for central heating and cooking, or did you mean you say I “don’t” have …?

I’m not a gas engineer, so I assume the problem is with gas inlet valve just prior to the gas meter. Has it been switched off by any chance or you definitely know it is a fault?

I can recollect seeing recently seeing on this forum a company that Bulb uses to cover out of hours, I’ll see if I can find the details for you.

Not much help to your problem this is the information I was referring to: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360015331911-Engineers-visiting-your-home-will-carry-an-ID

I can’t believe an energy company in this day and age does not have an out of hours contact telephone number! One problem on a Friday evening and you’re unable to do anything till Monday morning is unbelievable! Bulb might be cheap but it’s exasperating!

The Bulb team sometimes on a Saturday or Sunday do answer queries on this forum so fingers crossed one of them will pop up later.

How do you know you have a faulty inward gas valve other than the fact you have no gas?

Because there is off on the gas side on the electronic meter. Thus means that the valve is closed.

As mentioned earlier I’m not a gas engineer so have limited knowledge and can only give an observation. The inlet valve to the gas meter should be fitted with a spanner like key, there should be an indication near to the key showing on and off positions. Is the handle of the key in line with the on or off position?

Checked that and all is ok on that side. I know for a fact that’s it an only bulb able rectification.

OK, it will be interesting in due course to know the cause of your problem.

OK, it will be interesting in due course to know the cause of your problem.

What was the outcome assuming it doesn’t involve personal information?

@NewStart2017 I can see from the account that you have spoken with my colleague and the arrangement has been to replace the meter. Let me know if there is anything else I can help with.