no idea what meter readings to submit

I have just signed up multiple properties to bulb at about the same time and its sending me emails for my meter readings…however i have no idea which property each one is for as no information is given other than to submit a meter reading!!..and i cannot find any contact phone number for the company to get it sorted…they have messaged me after i submitted one set of readings saying that they do not match from the last readings etc…how can i distinguish what email is for which property???..

I have just signed up multiple properties to bulb at about the same time and its sending me emails for my meter readings...however i have no idea which property each one is for as no information is given other than to submit a meter reading!!...and i cannot find any contact phone number for the company to get it sorted....they have messaged me after i submitted one set of readings saying that they do not match from the last readings etc....how can i distinguish what email is for which property?????....

I’m just a fellow customers so the only question I’m able to answer is: Bulb’s contact details are on the bottom of the Help page.