No or wrong meter readings

I have been complaining for 5 months now that my meter hasnt been sending or has but incorrect readings since you went bust and you keep fobbing me off with different excuses because of this you said i need to up my monthly dd to over £700 a month are you stupid obviously there must be a problem but you dont want to fix it thus is completely unacceptable SORT IT OUT

Hi @Simon76

It looks as though we enrolled your smart meter onto an upgraded network in February. Almost all smart meters have the ability to be changed to a two rate meter if necessary so the meter will always be recording a Rate 1, Rate 2 and Total Rate reading. When enrolling your meter onto the new network it required us to take the Rate 1 reading rather than the Total reading which is why the reads look different to what you were giving previously.

You have not been charged any more as these reads increase at the same rate and we have closed off the meter on the Total reading, and opened it again on the Rate 1 reading.

I hope this clarifies things a little more.

– Robyn :bulb:

This doesnt explain why i havent had a bill for this month or last month does it

Hi @Simon76

We have issued you a consolidated statement which includes January - April usage. Can you confirm you have received this?

Yes but the meter readings are not right i keep sending you pictures of my readings which you dont use instead you use the smart meter readings which are not correct and havent been since November so now i am cancelling the direct debit and contacting the financial ombudsman as im sick off this now

1 Like

I have been having these issues for over 2 years now. i have gone through an ombudsman and today i received all the money we have ever paid back into the account again and no bill. it is never correct. i get so fed up with having to call them every month. they said they’d give us £100 to say sorry months ago and we have never had that either. its an absolute joke. dont expect them to fix your problem, it’ll be ok for a month then mess up again.

Hi @Simon76

As mentioned above, the smart meter readings are accurate as we are now taking the R1 reading rather than the Total reading.

No there are not as in november the smart meter reading was 28308 but now its 19957 so your talking rubbish sort this out i have been on other forums and seems im bit the only one your srewing over absolutely ridiculous

Hi @Simon76

As mentioned, we have virtually exchanged your meter in our system, due to the enrollment onto the new network, as the smart meter is sending us the Rate 1 reading rather than the total rate reading. This means we have closed the meter on the Total reading and reopened on the Rate 1 reading.

Going forward, if you are to provide a reading, you will need to provide the R1 reading.

Still not right excuses after excuses shocking