No referral reward

I sent link to my friend in October. Cant see referral when I log in.Contacted bulb. Got an automated reply thrn nothing more

I sent link to my friend in October. Cant see referral when I log in.Contacted bulb. Got an automated reply thrn nothing more

Are you looking in your “Refer a friend” page at: Bulb account ?

Did you receive an email at the time to advise you that your friend had joined Bulb ( this would be 21 days before the actual switch date)?

No

No

I’m a fellow customer so I can only guess at a possible cause for your referral situation.

The most likely scenario is that your friend did NOT use your referral link when joining Bulb.

Do you know whether your friend has actually switched to Bulb?

Yes she switched. No reply from bulb. Lost faith

Yes she switched. No reply from bulb. Lost faith

Thanks, but did she actually use your link? You are able to join and switch to Bulb without using a referral link.

In essence your friend either had to click on the referral link you sent her or she had to copy it into the browser address bar for it to be registered that she joined via the link.

She said she did. Bulb wont check or respond

She said she did. Bulb wont check or respond

How can you say they wont check if they haven’t responded?

How have you contacted Bulb except for via this customer forum?

From your initial posting you contacted Bulb by email and I think normally the automatic email from Bulb says something like they will respond in five working day. So if you posted on 3 December their personal response is still within their time frame.

From my own personal dealings with Bulb I doubt they have told you they wont check it just means they haven’y got around to your query.

If the Bulb team haven’t picked up this thread when they are back in the office tomorrow I would telephone them or go on chat