No smart readings submitted for 3 weeks

According to the Bulb app, my smart meters have not submitted any readings since 18 September. Why?

Seems to be a common problem. Mine hasn’t submitted an electricity reading since April.

Hi @mrpink

Apologies for this, I’ve looked into your account now and can see everything looks good - you should start seeing reads appear again shortly :+1:

Hi @TJRC

Unfortunately the issue with your electric meter isn’t so easily fixed. We’ve attempted a communications hub reboot, which would normally fix the issue, ut whilst the reboot was successful the problem is persisting.

In cases like yours we’re waiting for the network operator and meter manufacturer to develop alternative solutions. You won’t need to do anything to get this fix when it’s rolled out, and we’ll start taking reads remotely automatically when it is. In the meantime we’ll need you to submit manual electric readings, and I’m sorry for the inconvenience.

@CJ_at_Bulb thanks, gas readings seem to be showing up again, but not electricity.

Thanks for the reply. Here we are, three months later, still no fix, and now my gas isn’t being reported properly either. Smart readings are being taken, but they’re the same every month, which cannot be true.

Hi @TJRC,

Thanks for your post. It may seem like a silly question, but have you been using gas since October?

Georgie

@GeorgieS_at_Bulb Certainly have. The boiler’s been burning something to keep my radiators and hot water tank going, and if it’s not gas then I may have just solved the planet’s energy crisis…

@GeorgieS_at_Bulb Thanks, I see the gas monitoring is working again now. The electricity still isn’t though.

Funny how the fault that was costing Bulb revenue has been fixed but the electricity fault is still with me. In fact, something’s going even worse wrong now, in that my latest statement claims my electricity usage has tripled since last year. This is clearly ridiculous. I am rapidly losing faith that these meters work at all. I’m going to write to the complaints department. It’s utterly ridiculous that this sort of fault should go on for this length of time, even in a pandemic - according to your website engineers are still out and about fitting smart meters, so they can be out and about fixing them as well. Engineers don’t even need to come into the customer’s property to fix them.