No statement for January

Hi I have had no statement for January ?

Hi @stephanienice - welcome to community :wave:

I’ve had a look into your account and can see that there’s an error on there, that our Operations team are working on fixing. This means your account has been placed under review and no bill has been generated. It should be fixed soon, but if you don’t receive your bill by next week please let us know and we can chase it up for you.

– Meg :bulb:

Hi
Still no statement
Regards
Stephanie

Hi @stephanienice :wave:

I can see your account is still under review which is why you haven’t received your bill. I’m really sorry for the delay with this. Please continue to make payments as normal and you should receive your bill next month.

– Meg :bulb:

Hi
I still haven’t had s statement for January.
Please could you let me know what is happening
Thanks
Stephanie

Hi @stephanienice,

There is a hold placed on your account as our operations team has noticed a technical issue. They are in the process of fixing this but while it happens your billing has been paused.

As Meg said your statement will be generated next month.

– KT :bulb:

Not sure I believe that Katie !
This goes back several weeks. If it was a technical issue it would have been solved by now If it isn’t sorted for this month I will stop my payments due to a technical issue !

Regards
Stephanie

Hi @stephanienice ,

Unfortunately, our operations team is still investigating the issue to find the root cause in this case. We do apologise for the amount of time it is taking to get it sent through for you, but as Katie mentioned above, your next monthly statement will be coming through as normal.

-Luke :bulb: