No statement no money deducted

Hi, this is the first time I have noticed that I have not received a statement for November and have also not had any money debated since the October/November statement.
Has anyone else not had a current statement since Bulb went into receivership?
It tells me that I used £100 of energy, but £100 has not been debited from my current money available to Bulb and no statement has been received.
I am continuing to give in my gas and electric meter readings and that have been accepted.
Just hope it’s just a slip-up.
Thanks,
Lisa.

I made the exact same post, I haven’t had a statement since September since they installed the smart meter. Im currently £949 in credit but they’ve not taken a payment off of me despite paying DD on the 1st of every month since September

1 Like

Hi, thanks.
I’ll just have to wait then.

Lisa.

I’m in the same boat as you

it seems to be a very common problem with them especially after installing smart meters

Hi @claira_42,

The last statement on your account covers the period between 08/10/21 - 07/11/21.

There is a note on your account to say that bill has been suppressed due to billing related issues. I’m looking into this with the team now and will let you know as soon as I have a response.

There is no need to worry as your payment has still been taken so the statement will be taken from this balance, once it is produced. We have up to date readings so this will not be hard to process for you.

Please let me know if you have any questions in the meantime

– Daisy :bulb:

Hi @none,

Sorry to hear you are having the same issues with your account.

I can see there are x2 bill failures on your account which are due to the meter readings we have received since your smart meter exchange. Unfortunately this is a common issue as you mentioned. It is very important to get the correct final readings from the one meter and starting readings from the new meter.

We are working to get these sorted for you and will compensate for the x2 months of issues. I will drop you an email once we have resolved this to update you.

How long will this take?

Hi @none :wave:

It should be sorted within the next week, but if you still don’t see a change just let us know here.

– Meg :bulb:

Hi Megan

I’ve received it but it say’s you’ve done 40 months of statements yet I don’t think I’ve been with you for 40 months. It’s also showing “estimated readings” despite the fact I have a smart meter as you know and was told it would send my readings to you so why is it estimated?

Hi @none,

You have been with Bulb since 31/08/2018 which would make it around 40 months of statements.

Unfortunately no smart readings have come through as of yet - would you be able to take a reading for us to check through? We will be able to investigate why it is not sending readings but it would be good to have a reading on the system.

1 Like

I can’t take a reading my meter shows as all 0s and on my smart reader it simply says 2180. Surely you should have investigated and flagged up why a smart meter isn’t sending you automatic readings as per the norm?

you bombarded me with emails about getting a smart meter as it was gonna save so much time and energy and in fact it’s caused nothing but issues!! I’m still awaiting the compensation that was promised and the emails that never showed!

Hi @none I’m really sorry to hear about all of these issues. Could you look through this guide and see if you’re able to get a reading from the meter itself? https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360029317971-How-to-read-Bulb-s-smart-meters. Then we can make sure that the bill is 100% accurate and up-to-date.

Smart meters usually do make things much easier for people but there are cases when we struggle to connect to them due to circumstances outside of our control. Regarding the compensation, once we get this meter reading sorted we can send you through a confirmation email and discuss compensation. – Miriam :electric_plug:

I did that and as above it tells me meter reading is 0! Even when I go to submit a meter reading it’s pre-filled with 0’s instead of my last actual meter reading

Hi @none,

Okay, the meter should be showing a reading if electricity has been used. I have popped you an email as I need a video of your meter when you try to get a reading. That way we can look into this further for you.

Thanks,
–KT :bulb:

What’s happening with this? You never actually responded to my email, is this issue fixed? Will I be getting statements?

The communication from bulb is shocking

Hi @none ,

I’m really sorry for the delay in this,

We have updated your statements and started capturing your smart readings. I have sent over a step by step guide on how to get your smets2 meter readings, so please do let me know if you have any further questions.

–Suki :hibiscus:

Once again you’ve not generated a statement for January? I thought this issue was fixed

Hi @none :wave:

I’m sorry you’re still waiting on your statement. It was generated on the 31st January so it should have been sent to you by now. I’ll get that resent out today.

– Meg :bulb:

This statement sent a day or two ago. It was delayed according to another bulb team member so wasn’t generated on the 31st like you say. but still Bulb team ignore the following questions;

Why was it delayed again? Bulb claimed to fix this issue in December/January yet a month later we’re having the same Issue? You assured me A) it had been fixed and wouldn’t happen going forward and B) having a smart meter meant it would make my life easier and I’d not have to do statement etc when quite frankly isn’t causing anything but issues!

I do not want to have to continue asking for my statement monthly from you lot.