No statements since Smart meter fitted, automatic increase in payments and not bothering to respond

Hi,
We decided to get a Smart meter installed. Since then, however, we haven’t had a statement generated, so our account is showing lots of credit, but I don’t know what we’ve used. Despite emailing on 4 Nov, I’ve heard nothing from you. I have tried using the chat function in the app, but it just crashes me out of the app. Pointless.
You’ve decided to increase my monthly payments without advising me of this, meaning I have had to unexpectedly move money around. And I have no idea if I’m using that much because you’ve not been generating bills.
It seems the only way I can try to get your attention is posting on this forum…
Can someone please reply to my email???
Eve

Hi Eve (hope I got the name correct apologies if not). My simple advice “get out” I am in the process of switching as Bulb simply do not reply. I stopped by Dec1 DD because the original amount I was paying was being increased by over 50% (in no way has my usage increased or to be increased by that %). I had already sent them 7 years of data showing this but they have ignored and not replied) so I have sent them a cheque instead calculated on my actual usage and will finally settle up with them on the final readings (i.e. at the switch). Not had your problem with statements (not on smart meter) but hiked DD and complete lack of feedback seem to be a common problem. My advice : -
STOP YOUR DD IMMEDIATELY
TELL THEM IN ADVANCE WHY YOU ARE STOPPING IT (TO PROTECT YOURSELF FINANCIALLY FROM THEIR UNREASONABLE HIKING - OBVIOUSLY IF THAT IS GENUINELY THE CASE BASED ON YOUR PROJECTED ANNUAL COSTS).
PAY THEM MANUALLY TO SHOW GOOD FAITH AND NOT TRYING TO OBTAIN AN ADVANTAGE (THEY WOULD NOT ADVISE THEIR BANK DETAILS HENCE MY PAYMENT BY CHEQUE)
SEND TO THEIR REGISTERED ADDRESS : -
BULB ENERGY
155 BISHOPSGATE
LONDON EC2M 3TQ
I HAVE SENT GUARANTEED NEXT DAY DELIVERY (TRACKED) £7.45 AND WILL DEDUCT THAT COST FROM THEIR FINAL BILL.
I HAVE NO CONFIDENCE ANY LONGER TO ALLOW THIS COMPANY TO HAVE A FREE FINANCIAL HAND (VIA DD PAYMENTS) OVER MY ACCOUNT AS THEY SIMPLY WILL NOT ENTER INTO 2 WAY DISCUSSION WITH ME REGARDING A REASONABLE MONTHLY INSTALMENT SO THAT THE YEAR ENDS AS CLOSE TO A ZERO BALANCE AS POSSIBLE.

Hope the above helps
Best wishes

Ian

1 Like

Hi @evebrook

We are sorry that you have not received a statement, this can happen if we are missing some information from the installation. We will need to build the meter manually in your account which can take a couple of days.

I am going to look into your account and update this, I will email you if we need any further information.

Best,
Melisa