No usage showing on IHD, app, or online account

Hello
I have SMETS2 smart meters, however, there has no usage showing on my IHD, on the app, or online account since the end of November.
I have tried to reset the IHD several times and also run through the online request to reset, again several times, but still no luck.
My last bill was from estimated usage so presume the meter readings are not making it through to my account so cannot track my usage from that either.
Is there anything else that can be done to turn the meters back to smart rather than dumb?
Many thanks

Hey @Jim606 Welcome back to Bulbs community page :wave:

Thanks for raising this with us, sorry to hear you have had issues with your smart meter recently.

We’re unable to talk to your meters right now due to a connection issue with the Communications Hub (comms hub) which sits on top of your electricity meter. This hub is the part of your meter setup that sends readings to Bulb and to your in-home display.

To fix this, we will request a communications reboot on your meter - this can take a couple of weeks to resolve as we communicate with the DCC (Data communications company) who will help us get the connection back on.

If you have any further questions just let us know :smiley:

– Carl :bulb:

Thanks Carl
I will wait and hopefully the connection will come back sooner rather than later.
Is there anything I can do from my end?
Many thanks
Jim

Hey @Jim606

Currently there is nothing further you need to do as this process should be automatic from now, if you notice after a few weeks the issue still remains just reach out to us, we will escalate with our smart team :house:

– Carl :bulb:

Hello Carl
Still no usage coming through from the ‘smart’ meter and I’m still getting estimated bills.
How do I escalate further?
Thank you.
James

Hi @Jim606 :wave:

I’m afraid we don’t yet have an outcome from the comms hub reboot request. I appreciate we should have by now as they shouldn’t take longer than 6 weeks, so I’ll chase this with the smart team.

– Meg :bulb:

Thank you, Meg.
It would be nice to get this sorted so I can receive proper bills and keep an eye on my usage.
Thank you.
Jim

Hi @Jim606 ,

Sorry for the delay in this, it seems we were missing some information for your comms hub reboot. I have reprocessed this for you today so we will keep an eye out on your results as this can take a couple of weeks to resolve to communicate with the DCC (Data communications company) who will help us get the connection back on.

Please do let us know in the meantime if there is anything else we can help you with.

–Suki :hibiscus:

Thank You Suki
I would like this resolved as soon as possible. I have been unable to make use of the ‘smart’ meters for over three months now. You have not been receiving any data from these meters - I have been getting estimated bills, which is not very helpful for you, or me. I realise the company is in special administration but it is everyone’s interest to get proper readings. I don’t even get the option to submit meter readings in the app anymore.
If there is anyway you can speed up this reboot that would be much appreciated.

I had the same issue starting in December. After 2 months (not 2 weeks as quoted) I think the reboot has worked as I can see daily readings are showing up on my account. This week’s monthly billing should hopefully confirm the reboot has worked.
While this was happening I submitted manual readings just before billing so that I didn’t get estimates.

Hi @Jim606,

Unfortunately, we are not able to speed the reboot up. Just keep an eye on your In-home display and the readings on your account, if the reboot is successful then these should all start working again.

Thanks,
– KT :bulb:

Thanks KT
I have another problem. I submitted my meter readings on 31 March through my account on the website. For some reason you, not you personally, are not accepting my gas reading and this has not been reflected in my current bill. The meter reading has changed for four months and looking now it is still at the old reading despite me submitting a reading on 31 March. I have emailed help@bulb.co.uk and not had a satisfactory response.
How do I get Bulb to recognise this reading? I do not want to be charged at the rate increase from 01 April for gas used before 31 March.
Can you please direct this to someone who can rectify this problem quickly please.
I have been trying for nearly five months to get you, Bulb, to fix a problem. I appreciate Bulb are in ‘special administration’ but you have us over a barrel, so to speak.
This is getting slightly ridiculous.
Please accept my gas meter readings and charge the amount due at the right rate.
Thank you.

Hello Bulb
Another six weeks have passed and the smart meter is still not working, despite two comms hubs reboots.
Any chance this can be escalated again?
I would like to be able to make use the ‘smart’ technology, which for the last five months has been pretty dumb!
Thank you.