No way to pay final bill....farce!

I have moved over to another company, which is now live…
Contacted bulb, who said i could now cancel my D/D with them, as payment from my bank was due…

Checked my bank, there aint no pending payments going out…
So how the hell i,m i supposed to pay the final bill of 105.28, if they took away the “add funds” in my bulb acc, which i can still access…

So is this there way of charging me a penalty, for not paying the final bill by D/D ? but the bulb guys said to cancel it…sneaky eh

Money aint an issue here, just want to pay the dam bill, and move on !

EDIT…now they not reply to emails, or live chat…WHAT A FARCE of a company…

If this goes to a debt collector, my solicitor will be dropping bulb a lovely letter…
As said before, i have no bother paying any bill, money aint an issue here - company incompetence IS !

Thought of using the phone and your debit card

Ah, the resident bulb helper ( sarcasm ON )- , i did speak on phone last week, but they told me it would come out with d/d… Plus, the price went from 82, up to 105 as well…

And no need for the angry smiley my ol son, thats what 10yr olds do

actually i’m only nine and I your aint your son
BTW your sarcasm is wasted on me, as I have been sarcasamd by experts and your not one of them

Will phone on monday, as they closed at weekends, and get this payed…
Have a great weekend ol boy…Pip Pip

You were clearly told wrong by the Bulb customer service agent. It’s pretty obvious to anyone that a direct debit can’t come out if you’re already cancelled it, so why they would say that is beyond me. Well, I suppose it’s true if it very very close to the payment going out such that you can’t stop it at all, even with a cancelled direct debit but who would trust or advise doing that?

I’m afraid you’ve no choice now but to phone them up (again) and pay by debit card. No, there wont be any penalty.

At least you’ve left Bulb now so this will be that last of the incompetence. Not that other companies are that much better, but we can but try.

Hi Hoo…
Ah, but i didn’t say i "already cancelled it "my friend,
i said “bulb said i could now cancel my D/D with them, as payment from my bank was due…”

D/D is still live, but it started at £82, then got another email saying it £105, when i already gave them the meter readings at the appropriate time, and also to the new supplier…
But nothing has came out, and there are no “pending” payments showing either…

But i,m going to cancel the thing, as i dont trust these jokers any more, as the level of incompetence is becoming higher as the months go on…
Read the reviews on other review sites, as trust pilot has many,many false reviews, to make this company look fab, which it aint, and the cracks are starting to show, more n more…

Easier to just phone and get it over with…
Thanks Hoo, and have a good weekend…

I see. Yes, you didn’t actually say you had cancelled your direct debit, that was my assumption. Given you said “bulb, who said i could now cancel my D/D with them” and then subsequently “So how the hell i,m i supposed to pay”, followed by your worry “is this there way of charging me a penalty, for not paying the final bill by D/D ?”, I don’t think it was a faulty assumption on my part.

How long has this been going on so far? You’ve said you’ve moved over to another company and it’s now live. I understand you’ve given the same readings to both Bulb and your new supplier, and so you expect the Bulb account to close. But that’s not how it works. See this help article. It’s for people switching to Bulb but the same will apply for your new supplier.

The path of information is from your new supplier back to your old supplier. You give your opening meter readings to your new supplier. Those readings are “checked” (in some unstated way) by an independent third party, and then passed onto the old supplier for use on the closing bill. That process can take up to six weeks. If it hasn’t been six weeks since your switch date, perhaps even give it 2 months to be sure, then you’re jumping the gun and need to be a bit more patient while the slow system does its thing, and leave your direct debit in place.

If it’s well past 2 months already since you switched then it’s definitely time to ask Bulb WTF is going on.

I don’t see a problem with you paying any outstanding amount to Bulb. You leave the DD mandate in place until you receive your final bill and after it has been paid.

If the DD is left in place Bulb would not have a leg to stand if their were to charge you an admin fee for failure to pay bill

I find it odd for Bulb to advise you to cancel your DD as that goes against their own documented advice at: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115001227691-Should-I-cancel-my-Direct-Debit-with-my-previous-supplier-

1 Like