Not fully switched over yet

Good morning,

I was meant to switch over to bulb yesterday (gas&electric) but I think I’m still on my old supplier for gas as I was on a prepaid meter and I can see that my meter is still running (but it has stopped for electric).

I spoke to bulb support yesterday on the phone around 4.30-5pm yesterday and I informed your colleague that the serial number for my gas meter does not match with the serial of the meter on my bulb app (or the one in my welcome pack). I did email you guys (with pictures of my meter) regarding this last Sunday which you never got back to me so I assumed everything was alright.

If this is the case then I’m afraid you didn’t make a good first impression sadly.

In any case. I will try and stay positive. But I would like an answer from somebody so I would know if I will top up my gas meter (if I’m still on the old supplier) before I run out of gas over the weekend.

Kind regards,

Andreas

I’m afraid your second impression isn’t going to be any better.

Bulb are closed over the weekend so you’re unlikely to get an answer until Monday at the earliest.

Bulb are pretty terrible for prepayment customers it has to be said.

I'm afraid your second impression isn't going to be any better.

Bulb are closed over the weekend so you’re unlikely to get an answer until Monday at the earliest.

Bulb are pretty terrible for prepayment customers it has to be said.

That’s terrible. So if you have a problem over the weekend what do you do? Pray? set the house on fire to get warm?

That's terrible. So if you have a problem over the weekend what do you do? Pray? set the house on fire to get warm?

They do provide an emergency number. Click “Help” and search for “emergency”.

However, anecdotal reports on here suggest the emergency line is not much help for prepay issues. It’s more for contact regarding faulty meters or a gas leak etc. If you give it a try, do let us other customers know how you get on …

Hi @Andreas_Andreou Sorry you have had some trouble. It looks like it has been sorted by one of my colleagues.