Not very smart meter- PROBLEMS

Ever since I joined bulb (almost a year ago) I was promised a smart meter.
3 months ago it was finally fitted, however the fitter admitted that it “was a wrong batch” - therefore I did not sign to say I was happy.
Ever since then I have not been able to read my new meters and my home usage meter has not worked. (Apparently have been reset after I followed online advice??!@)
In the meantime bulb have almost doubled my payments to make up for the deficit that I have accrued. My payments were recommended by bulb to be £70 per month when I joined and are now £198!, with smart meters that don’t work.
How am I supposed to be paying for accurate energy use and when will they sort my meter issue out?
I have tried contact numerous times but to no avail.
Very, very disappointed

Anyone else had similar issues?

As soon as my defect is settled I will be leaving

Anyone else had similar issues?

Lots of people.

Now, not that this is any excuse but consider the following work arounds:

1. Your In Home Display is just that, a display. It's not the meter, and isn't involved in metering. Just turn it off and stop worrying about it until Bulb have sorted out why they don't work.
  2. Read your new meters manually, just like you used to do before you got a new meter. No hardship, you always used to have to do this anyway it's not like it's any worse.
  3. Email the readings to Bulb so that your account can be kept up to date with your actual usage, just like previously.
  4. Log into your account and change your direct debit back to something you know is sensible for your usage. You have full control of your account payments, use that control.
  5. ... repeat for an unspecified period ...
  6. Enjoy your new working smart meter.

As I said, not excuses just work arounds. At least by taking control of the situation you can relax knowing your account is getting billed properly. Consider that you’re not really in any worse position than before the meter was changed. It’s just working like a normal old-style meter. I’m sure you’ve got bigger things to worry about.

Ever since then I have not been able to read my new meters and my home usage meter has not worked. (Apparently have been reset after I followed online advice.

Can you please elaborate a little as to why you can’t read your meters?