OLD METER

I just joined BULB from SSE and I have a gas meter with my old supplier. Will BULB remove it personally or how does it work exactly with BULB? I do not want to have a meter and cant wait to be put on the monthly tariff

I just joined BULB from SSE and I have a gas meter with my old supplier. Will BULB remove it personally or how does it work exactly with BULB? I do not want to have a meter and cant wait to be put on the monthly tariff

I’m not sure if I fully understand your query?

The meter which you had with SSE will still be required when you switch to Bulb. The only way you can be billed is by Bulb knowing how much energy you have used which is determined from your meter readings. This is regardless of whether you are on a so called monthly tariff and whether you have a smart meter or not…

Just a thought do you have a prepayment meter?

Hi there @RaffBel I’m afraid I don’t quite understand either. When you switch supplier your meter should keep working in the same way as it did before, so if you have a prepayment meter we’ll send you a new key or card so you can keep topping up, and if it’s a normal credit meter then we’ll start taking a direct debit and it’ll keep recording your usage in the same way as previously. If you have a prepayment meter and you’d like it removed we can probably do that if you email help@bulb.co.uk or give us a ring on 0300 30 30 635 from 9:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday so that we can discuss it in more detail, though it may take a few months.