Old supplier bill suddenly inflated, they said to speak to Bulb

I moved home on Feb 9th, provided meter readings to my previous supplier (Scottish Power), who calculated that I am £84 in credit and they would be transferring this to my account. It never came, and now they say I owe £192 to them. After calling customer service, they said I need to speak to my new supplier (Bulb) as there may have been an error with the handover, as the transfer of supplier is what actually triggers the final bill. My usage for the final period at 250% higher than any previous period at my previous property.

I’m baffled by the whole thing, Feel like I may have filled out my application to Bulb form wrong, or something else has caused a glitch. My final bill with previous supplier says usage is estimated (it wasn’t), and they said I need to speak to Bulb as this comes from them.

Totally confused, out of pocket and can anyone explain what is going on here?

Thanks in advance

I moved home on Feb 9th, provided meter readings to my previous supplier (Scottish Power), who calculated that I am £84 in credit and they would be transferring this to my account. It never came, and now they say I owe £192 to them. After calling customer service, they said I need to speak to my new supplier (Bulb) as there may have been an error with the handover, as the transfer of supplier is what actually triggers the final bill. My usage for the final period at 250% higher than any previous period at my previous property.

I’m baffled by the whole thing, Feel like I may have filled out my application to Bulb form wrong, or something else has caused a glitch. My final bill with previous supplier says usage is estimated (it wasn’t), and they said I need to speak to Bulb as this comes from them.

Totally confused, out of pocket and can anyone explain what is going on here?

Thanks in advance

Possibly you are not aware thus is a public forum seen by many? You really need to do what your previous supplier advised, that is is to contact Bulb. Bulb’s contact details can be found on the Help page, please click the Help button at the top of this page.

Purely for clarity if you moved home on Feb 9, then presumably you haven’t yet actually switched to Bulb? If you have switched to Bulb have you provided an opening reading to them, which normally is requested by Bulb about 5 days before the switch?

I am aware this is a public forum, I was hoping someone could spell out how this works in print because I was baffled by the explanation of my previous provider and I haven’t shared any personal details here. I have switched already, did it straight away and provided meter readings.

I am aware this is a public forum, I was hoping someone could spell out how this works in print because I was baffled by the explanation of my previous provider and I haven't shared any personal details here. I have switched already, did it straight away and provided meter readings.

The process in essence:

About 5 days before your switch to Bulb you will be asked for your meter reading by Bulb.

They in turn will supply this reading to your previous supplier via an industry third party who will validate the reading.

If everything goes to plan the opening reading you supplied to Bulb will also be used as the closing reading by your previous supplier who can produce your final bill and provide any refund or request any debit payment.

If you contact Bulb direct they will have access to your details and any meter readings. Fellow customers on this forum can only speculate what may have happened which will not be as good as that from Bulb.

Just for clarity have you had confirmation from Bulb that the switch to them has actually taken place, normally the confirmation email will say something like:

Can you feel it? You’re 100% Bulb

Hi *****,

Congrats, Bulb is now your supplier for electricity and gas. Doesn’t it feel good, all that green energy… energising you? Your old supplier should send you your final bill within six weeks.