On benefits, Warm home discount?

What discounts are currently available for those on benefits ?

Hi @RichardChes,

Thanks for your post. You can read more about our extra support services here.

At present, the warm home discount is open for members to apply, you can check if you are eligible here. We will also reopen the Bulb Energy fund again, in the spring.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is anything else I can help with.

– Daisy :bulb:

I’d maybe hold off in applying for the Warm Home Discount with Bulb if they’re going bust, maybe wait until you have a new supplier and apply then.

Hi @PJC

Thanks for your post.

One of the requirements for the Warm Home Discount is that you were with the supplier you are applying for it through, on or before the 4th July 2021.

Here is an overview as to the other requirements too.

Please let us know if you have any more questions about the application process!

Ele :sunny:

Hi Ele I applied the day the applications became live and haven’t heard a word back, how long does this usually take?

Hi @PJC - no need to worry! We will be in touch if we need any more information or have an update on your application.

You can read more about ‘Commonly asked questions about the WHD’ here.

Let me know if you have any other questions

– Daisy :bulb:

Hi Bulb.
I have again applied for the WHD this year and I was wondering if it is a possibility that I would again be chosen to be audited for the payment?? I applied last year and because my application was chosen for audit purposes it took until late March before I was accepted and payment made.
Thank you kindly x x

What’s the use of getting your payment march!!you need to know you have that credit in winter months when it’s cold and you can turn your heating up a bit to keep warm

Hi @decembersangel and @susanjones56 :wave:

Thanks for your posts.

The auditing process is very much randomised so there wouldn’t be any way to know if your applications was going to be chosen beforehand.

The deadline for payments to be made is March 2022, it’s likely that the majority of the payments would be paid before this but as it is a government scheme we do not set the time frame.

Did either of you have any more queries about the WHD?

Ele :bulb: