On what basis Bulb have estimated my opening meter reading?

Hi, I have recently switched to Bulb and recently received 1st month bill which seems to be quite high - 95£.
My initial reading was 43680 and they have estimated it as 44320 after one month. On what basis they have estimated?

Also I have been continuously monitoring my Meter and it’s numbers are increasing quite fast. for example during the whole night when everything was switched off apart from Fridge and Freezer, the meter reading went up by 6 units. Does these 2 appliances consume lot of energy?

I have a electricity usage monitor that shows me consumption in real time. Even in the dead of night, I am still using anywhere from 150W to 250W. Switching everything off and I mean everything I can think of brings it down to somewhere between 50W and 100W. I have no idea what else is consuming power but as soon as I get a battery unit that lets me run the monitor without any power being on, I will get around to turning off all circuits to narrow it down.

My initial reading was 43680 and they have estimated it as 44320 after one month. On what basis they have estimated?

They have estimated based on information on historic usage given by your previous supplier.

But, frankly, the issue you’re complaining about is of your own making. The idea is you submit meter readings monthly and then you always get an accurate bill. Why didn’t you submit a meter reading?

Also I have been continuously monitoring my Meter and it's numbers are increasing quite fast. for example during the whole night when everything was switched off apart from Fridge and Freezer, the meter reading went up by 6 units. Does these 2 appliances consume lot of energy?

Assuming “the whole night” is 8 hours then 6 units works out at 750W average. That does seem a little high. My house background usage runs at around 250-350W with everything ostensibly “switched off” except the fridge, freezer, boiler, and a computer server.

Is your fridge or freezer particularly old? They used to use awful amount of electricity. Modern devices are much more economical.

What else do you have in standby? Sky box? DVR? Games consoles? What about a hot water tank that might be heating on a thermostat over night?

My combined fridge freezer which dates from the 1980s uses about 135W when the compressor kicks on (150W initially dropping to 120W) and it’s on 1/3 of the time so uses less than 0.5kWh overnight. The thermostat is broken so I rewired it and it runs on an on off timer but that is enough to keep the temperatures inside both compartments ok. In winter ofcourse you can turn the fridge off altogether and keep your champagne nicely chilled on an outside windowsill B)