One year on - and STILL no kWh option on the graphs

Six months ago,I posted a comment that began: “So, six months after I mentioned this previously and someone said they’d pass the request on to whoever’s job it is to ignore such things, there’s still no sign of kWh appearing on the usage charts.”

And (as ever) we got the reply “Oh, we’ll pass it on to our development team. These things take time…”

Clearly.
A whole year’s worth of time to implement a very simple bit of programming. You already have ALL the data you need, but you clearly have no intention of letting us compare our gas and electricity usage from year to year (and no, £ is NOT a valid way of comparing, when prices are up and down all over the place).

A simple change like this would do wonders for your “green credentials” and allow us to see if changes we were making in our homes were really making a difference.

Just do it, and stop making excuses. I guess I’ll be back here in another six months, making the same complaint, though, won’t I. If I haven’t moved to a different supplier, that is…

Mxx

It’s rather more than a year. :slightly_frowning_face:

[David_at_Bulb]

[Mar 2018]

Hi @Andy_K I believe that the consumption graphs do include VAT and standing charges, but not the dual fuel discount. In terms of getting it to show exactly what it’s made up of, and to show kWh as an option instead of just £-great idea! I’ll send it over to the tech team, to see if they can set it up

[Eleanor_at_Bulb]

[Mar 2019]

Thanks for your comments on this. There’s clearly strong support for the kWh.

I’ve passed on your comments to @“Nicolo at Bulb” and the team. There’s always room to iterate and improve on designs.

Heya @198kHz @marksnet, I can confirm this has been raised with our product team but it isn’t in the pipeline right now. It would require significant resource and the demand isn’t quite there yet. We really appreciate your feedback and suggestions for improvements, and I personally hope this is something we work on in the future as I think it’s a really sound idea. :slightly_smiling_face: - Miriam

Would it? So getting raw meter data and plotting it is more work then getting the meter data, applying the tariff rate, adding vat and plotting that?
IT would require that much resource to do something that i could do in excel in 2 seconds but usually cant be bothered to do? WOuld be curious to hear why that’s difficult on the backend there must be some reason

Is bulb going to exist in the future?

1 Like

Hi Miriam
As izzyhunt has pointed out your claim that it would require “significant resources” is, with respect, twaddle.
You already have the information - which you need in order to give us the current graphs. It would actually require LESS processing of the data to give us the basic kWh graph.
It’s clear that, despite the simplicity of the idea, Bulb simply has no interest in making it easier to compare usage (not “the amount spent”) from year to year.
Obviously, it seems unlikely that Bulb will exist (certainly in its current form) in six months’ time, so all of this debate is a little moot, isn’t it?
Mxx

1 Like

Hi @marksnet @izzyhunt as I said, it’s something which is on the cards but not a priority right now unfortunately.