Ongoing email saga about payments

This is NOT a complaint with Bulb but a request. I want to be able to set my own limits for MY payments and NOT Bulb. I have always increased and decreased my monthly payments depending on usage. ( My app, by the way, still days that they are testing the usage charts… Since MARCH!!!) That way, I have not been in debit and I control MY money. I do not know what is so difficult to understand as I have always kept enough money in my account to stay in credit . It appears to me that Bulb are deliberately bring difficult to customers who have been loyal over the past few years. I have never had any issues from Bulb but the payments issue and the lack of understanding isp deeply concerning. If you look over my time with Bulb, I have successfully managed my payments. I don’t need a nanny to tell me what I can and cannot do with my own money. I appreciate that prices for wholesale are increasing but I am more than capable of managing my own budget.

2 Likes

Message for Bulb… I don’t want credit to be reimbursed, just to be able to be able to set my own monthly payments.

Have you considered changing your payments to the statement amount? You’ll receive your statement and then the statement amount (DD) comes out 14 days later. No need for a credit balance, and funds stay in your account.

I know how much I use on average each month and place that amount aside which is then used to pay my statements.

1 Like

Thank you. How do I do that? I can see the payment settings on my app but can only change it to what Bulb wants to get out of me. Do I cancel my DD?

No, don’t cancel the DD. You need to ask Bulb to change it for you. You can’t do it yourself.

2 Likes

They are using credit balances and extra monthly debits to stay afloat. If everyone withdrew their credit balances they would go bust. I would like the facility to determine myself how much my monthly direct debit should be… like I used to be able to do.

1 Like

Exactly. Me too. Why can’t we do that, Bulb? The company never seems to give a satisfactory answer.

Hi @newwy and @eatoncj43 :wave:

If you want to pay on receipt of the bill, we’d need to leave the direct debit active, and then we’ll take the exact amount of your statement each month within 2 weeks of you receiving the bill.

Please be aware though that if you want to pay this way, your monthly payments will vary and you can end up paying a lot over winter when your usage increases, rather than spreading the cost out over the year.

If you haven’t yet managed to get this set up, just let me know and I can make the changes on your account.

– Meg :bulb:

Thank you. It seems to me to make no difference. I, like, many customers , want to be able to set our own DD payments rather than being dictated to by Bulb. I am perfectly capable of managing my own finances and wish to have that facility back. Why can’t Bulb listen to feedback and sort this out ?

Hi @eatoncj43 :wave:

I’m sorry you are unhappy with your payments.

Here is a useful help centre article as to how/why we structure our payments the way we do.

If you wanted to move your payments to pay on receipt of the bill I would be happy to set that up for you.

Did you have any more questions about your payments at all ?

Thanks Ele :bulb:

I do not need to see how Bulb structure payments. I, like many others, request that we are able to set up our own DD limits. It is like banging my head against a brick wall trying to get Bulb to see this from the customer’s point of view .

Please forward this message to whoever is in charge of Bulb( I don’t for one moment think you will).