Only seeing monthly readings from smart meters

Hi

We had the smart meters installed a few months ago and not had any real issues ( so far hopefully :slight_smile: ) with them or the in house display. It did take a couple of days and a reboot of the IHD to settle down but it seems to be fine now.

My problem is that I’m still getting estimated electric readings on my bills. Our bill date is the 26th of the month. The Gas got a reading on the 24th July but the electric only got a reading on the 1st July. The reading for the 26th was then estimated.

I thought we had set the system to provide reading every half hour but the readings don’t seem to be making it to bulb. Any idea what has gone wrong?

David

Hi @deltaalpha52

Welcome to the Bulb Community :bulb: :globe_with_meridians:

I’m glad to hear your smart install went smoothly and you’re happy with the meters so far.

I can see that the request to change to half-hourly meter reads was only made a few days ago. It can take a week or so for the meters to fully update with the new reading schedule, but this should be done shortly.

Once that is done we should start getting reads every half hour or so on our end. This’ll avoid the issue of estimated reads being used down the line :ok_hand:

Hi - thanks for checking what you can see on the account.

Funny thing is :grin: that I’m sure we selected 1/2 hourly readings when we requested the smart meters to be installed. I went to the dashboard/smart/meter-settings page and it showed every half hour as being selected. I just pressed the Save Settings as a “cannot do any harm” maybe :wink:

Is there any screen to show what option has been selected?

We have also just had solar panels installed and the good weather ( well up till the last couple of days) have meant we hardly used any electricity - should I put in a new manual reading :question:

Regard - David

I appreciate where you’re coming from there @deltaalpha52, I too often double click to save things and have that ‘can’t do any harm’ attitude :sweat_smile:

I can see that you requested your smart readings to come through every half an hour, you can see that in your Bulb account here. With regards to your readings actually coming through to us every half an hour, that should be sorted within the next week.

I can see you’ve manually added the electricity reading today so thanks for that! I’ve reversioned your latest bill so it’ll now include your actual read. That should come through within the next 24 hours :+1:

– Meg :bulb:

Thanks

The new bill has come through and it looks fine.

That link was the one I had used, and when I went there a few days ago the half hourly button was selected. As I said I yes pressed the “save settings” to see if that made a difference. Seems it might have done.

How will I know when the half hourly readings are working?

Hi @deltaalpha52

Good question. The most obvious sign will be that more reads should begin appearing on your account. Whilst these might not be every half hour, it should be more frequent :muscle:

If you are unsure if it’s worked just let us know and we can check on our end. Whilst not all the reads will load onto your account, we can check on our end how regularly they’re coming through :white_check_mark:

-CJ

Hi

been a few weeks and it seems that the meter readings are still only being taken every month. Can you see any change your end?

hey @deltaalpha52

I’ve had a look at your account and it looks like the switch over to HH readings didn’t complete so I’ve switched it to daily to see if we can get that across and then once thats working we’ll switch it up to HH again :crossed_fingers: