Optimum date for meter readings

Hi, Although I have been entering my meter readings regularly since I joined Bulb at or around the 9th of the month (Bill date is 12th) I find that some months have been estimated. what is the optimum lead time to submit readings so that the bill is based on correct usage??

Hi, Although I have been entering my meter readings regularly since I joined Bulb at or around the 9th of the month (Bill date is 12th) I find that some months have been estimated. what is the optimum lead time to submit readings so that the bill is based on correct usage??

You should be receiving a monthly email from Bulb saying something:

Hi *****,

Just so you know, your monthly payment of £**.00 will come out of your bank account in three days.

If you’d like us to calculate your monthly statement using your actual usage, enter a meter reading in your Bulb Account today or tomorrow. No worries if you can’t, we’ll use an estimated reading instead.

Thus is the time to send your meter reading, if you send it before the recommended days Bulb will estimate the additional energy used between the date you submitted the reading and the recommended date.

1 Like

Our bill date is 20th and we submit readings on the 18th. We always have a confirmation email and the readings have always been used. Make sure the readings have actually been processed and confirmed as having been received.

Is resurrecting a thread that is 9 months old very helpful? You seem to do this a lot.

I do this ‘a lot’? I only joined the Bulb community about half an hour ago and didn’t notice the date on the posts! Why should that annoy you anyway? Replies may be useful to others with the same issue, regardless of when the original posts were made.

1 Like

hi

yes i agree, i have just joined the talky bit and it is very helpful , bulb are increasing my bill from 60quid a month to 142 a month . i mean for ***** sake . i have emailed them and told them i will get in debt on there assumptions over winter !!!. global warming could mean no heating being needed!!!

1 Like