Outstanding balance

I’ve recently requested to switch from ovo to bulb as I was continuously getting high bills from a ovo despite not living in my property. It stated when I signed up to bulb that they would pay the previous balance of old supplier to start switch however I’ve had emails today stating that they cannot go ahead with the switch due to an outstanding balance on my ovo account.

Are your meter readings up to date?

I’ve recently requested to switch from ovo to bulb as I was continuously getting high bills from a ovo despite not living in my property.

This can’t happen unless you were not supplying meter readings.

When you say “high bills” do you mean “high direct debit” as opposed to the actual bill statements?

Even if it’s your actual statement bills that are high, if they’re based on estimates (which obviously assume you’re living in the property) then it’s not really a huge concern since it’ll all get resolved when you do finally submit a reading.

It stated when I signed up to bulb that they would pay the previous balance of old supplier to start switch however I’ve had emails today stating that they cannot go ahead with the switch due to an outstanding balance on my ovo account.

Are you confusing this with Bulb paying the exit fees?

As far as I’m aware Bulb will not transfer an outstanding balance from your old supplier to your Bulb account. As you’ve discovered your account has to be cleared and up to date with meter readings before a switch can take place.

There seems a lot of possible misunderstanding here?