Overcharge

I have been overcharged by SP, I’ve called them but no response at all. How do I get my meter checked? Thanks

I have been overcharged by SP, I’ve called them but no response at all. How do I get my meter checked? Thanks

Are you able to elaborate as to why SP have overcharged you?

Please see: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360028024111-Can-I-get-my-meter-changed- which includes

Meter accuracy test (free if the meter is proven faulty)
Electricity: £120
Gas: £118.46

Hi @mike121

Thanks for getting in touch. If you’re concerned that your meters are faulty then we advise doing a burns test first. This is where you turn all your appliances off in the house then check the meter after 20 minutes. If the meter has gone up then there is clearly a fault.

If not then check the meter with each appliance in the house on, one at a time. If one of these appliances causes the meter to go up radically then it would be appliance related.

If you’re still concerned then we can book in an accuracy test for Alanr has mentioned.

What is SP?

What is SP?

Valid point, it is standard practice the first time you use an abbreviation to include the full name. Luckily in this instance it wasn’t particularly relevant in providing a response to the OP.

As an aside I wonder if the OP actually contacted Bulb as there was no feedback from him (her)?

Valid point, it is standard practice the first time you use an abbreviation to include the full name. Luckily in this instance it wasn't particularly relevant in providing a response to the OP.

Not relevant? On this forum SP is usually Scottish Power!

Based on some of the users of energy supplier forums, I wouldn’t have put it past someone to post on completely the wrong supplier website :slight_smile: Perhaps that’s why they haven’t come back?

Not relevant? On this forum SP is usually Scottish Power!

I know what SP would or should have meant, I’m not that naive =) .

But with regards to answering the original OP query I didn’t need to have it spelt out.

But with regards to answering the original OP query I didn't need to have it spelt out.

But if the query relates to SP then the Bulb information you provided didn’t answer it … :slight_smile: