Overcharged due to completely incorrect estimate by Bulb

We are currently sitting in over £1500 debit (always being very much in credit) because Bulb applied a ridiculous estimate onto our electric meter reading. We are currently sitting just above 6000 units but they estimated well over 14400 (at the time we were below 6000).

I have phoned, I have sent emails, i have sent readings, i have sent photos of our meter to confirm and yet i have received nothing back other than a smart mouthed employee who was super patronising on the last phone call. I have since complained.

I’m so disappointed as we were really blown away by customer service at first, a breath of fresh air in comparison to our extremely stressful journey with Scottish Power. I even joined in bringing friends and family across. However, this mistake on Bulb’s part is costing us and at a time when energy bills are already a concern we need them to remedy their mistake ASAP!

Hey @Shep :wave:

It looks like your smart meter has been enrolled onto a new network which has started taking the total read rather than the rate 1 reading. These reads increase at the same rate but just start on different reads. This is not a problem and, without getting overly technical, we just need to close off the meter on the rate 1 reading and reopen on the total read so you aren’t charged anymore.

I can do this for you if you are happy to give the total read going forward? You shouldn’t need to do this often as we are now receiving reads automatically. Alternatively, if you’d like to continue giving reads manually we will need to turn off the smart function completely.

Are you able to confirm which option you’d prefer?

– Robyn :bulb:

Hi there
I’m happy to go forward as long as my billing is reset to match and I don’t pay any excess with regards to the change in figures. Will this be rectified within this process?
Thanks

Hey @Shep :wave:

This has been amended for you and the account balance is now accurate and based on actual usage.

– Robyn :bulb: