Overcharging messed up meters

Switched to bulb start of year was getting bills for 900 + had to phone them up each month to sort things out, switched to pay as you go and now they say I owe 268 pounds which I know I owe 30 pounds, been unable now to use app or online to top-up for a over a week now when message said 2 days. Never been with a energy company that as so useless and had so many problems, everything has gone wrong and they are still messing things up. How is it possible to be so bad? How is it possible for a 2 bed very small house to use nearly 1000 pounds of electric in one month. My last place I was using 20 pounds a week tops with British Gas. Beyond a joke.

Hi @Tevasn1974,

Firstly, I’d like to apologise for the time that it’s taken us to get your smart meter issue sorted. I have spent some time having a look into your account and can see that you have an open complaint about this matter. I can also see that you have sent over a picture of the green sticker on your electricity meter which is very helpful in working out why the bill is so high. The readings that your electricity meter started on are incorrect, so we need to re-bill you and fix your account balance accordingly.

I’ve made sure that my colleague is aware of what we need to do to adjust your billing, and they will get back to you as soon as they can.

I am once again so sorry for the length of time that this issue has been going on for.

Any questions, please do feel free to get in touch with us via community.

Many thanks,

Niamh :bulb: