Overpayments to my account

Can I ask, why is it taking so long to apply an overpayment that I made to my account? My updated direct debit is showing, but the overpayment is not.

Hi @GWR_steam_33

Thank you for posting,

Apologies for the delay in this. So with the Direct Debit Scheme, they go through a careful vetting process before they’re authorised, and are closely monitored by the banking industry. This can take 10 days before reaching us. From reviewing your account I can see that this payment is still currently pending, this will be paid out on your bulb account on 14-03-2022.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

–Suki :hibiscus:

Thank you, but I did not make this payment by Direct Debit, it was a top-up payment and should have been immediately credited to my account. I cannot understand why it should need to be monitored.

I raised this question too as I don`t understand why a payment leaves my bank and shows into Bulb account 3 + days later.

I send money abroad and it takes a few hours-one day maximum so I still don`t get it.

It speaks volumes that Bulb cannot adequately answer a perfectly reasonable question. Quite how a top-up payment of some £50 odd could remotely be construed as potential laundered money is way beyond my comprehension. No wonder the company is in administration!

Hey @GWR_steam_33

I have just checked our Go Cardless system and it looks like the payment was made as a top up via direct debit. This is why is still shows as pending.

Like Suki mentoned, it takes a few days for us to process the direct debit payment. It typically shows as pending for 5 days before the payment is taken from your bank and then up to a further 5 days to be processed. I’m sorry if this was not explained in full before.

– Robyn :bulb: