Past Meter Reading

I have a meter reading but it’s from the 2nd July. Can I date a meter reading when I input it on the app or do I need to inform you through a different route. I am unable to currently read my own meter so have to receive email updates from the builders and completely forgot to input the last one they sent.

I have a meter reading but it’s from the 2nd July. Can I date a meter reading when I input it on the app or do I need to inform you through a different route. I am unable to currently read my own meter so have to receive email updates from the builders and completely forgot to input the last one they sent.

Personally I would submit your reading from the 2nd July and let the system log the date as the day you uploaded it to Bulb. This way you would at least have a meter reading showing against your account, your account with regards to over or under payment will self correct itself as you upload future meter readings.

Hey :slight_smile: What @Allanr said is fine. If you’d like it to be super accurate you can drop us a very quick email with it and we can manually add it for the correct date - help@bulb.co.uk

Thank you I will email. Unfortunately with the builders about to leave site and still no access to meters I have no idea when I will be able to get another reading so want the last one to be inputted accurately.