Paying to much

Hi there,
I have a question regarding my meter reading. I have sent twice my meter reading and after that I have received an email saying that in the next 3 month I don’t have to send again. However I have been charged to much when I am only one person in this flat and I am working all day . I don’t understand how I can use 72£ an month or more when I am alone and I am not at home all day plus I am not using the heating at all. I have been sent an email that I have to pay £102 form now on due to winter? Can please someone help me to understand this or to come and check my meter reading as something must be wrong. I will send my meter reading every month I don’t want to pay this money that I have been charged randomly. Please contact me on REDACTED for more explanation.
Thank you
Regards
Lena

This isn’t a Bulb customer service channel. You’ve just posted your phone number visible to the entire internet. You might prefer to edit your post and remove your personal information. Your best bet would be to contact Bulb customer service directly, rather than via this discussion forum.

Hi I can understand your frustration,I am having great difficulty with the way bulb work,

Hi I can understand your frustration,I am having great difficulty with the way bulb work,

I don’t understand why you are having difficulty understanding the way Bulb works.

What’s difficult about it?

Does this article help with a better understanding: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-Bulb-payments-and-statements-work- ?

like @Allanr said, don’t understand how anyone finds it difficult using Bulb. I used to be with Scottish Power and the bills were so confusing i just had no idea how energy bills were calculated, once i joined Bulb it all made sense. With regards to the Bills and Direct Debits, i provide monthly readings and I have £120 debited from my account every month. Even though my bills are only coming in at circa £60 a month at the moment (due to summer) by me paying this extra £60 a month just goes against my credit so when my winter bills are circa £180 a month my credit is used up and my DD stays static.

It is such a simple solution and i don’t understand why people struggle!

I have sent twice my meter reading and after that I have received an email saying that in the next 3 month I don’t have to send again.

I think this is where the confusion lies. Customers are confused when Bulb say they don’t have to submit meter readings for 3 months, and when they don’t, estimates are used which could even be based on usage by a previous occupant of the property. The email probably needs to be clearer.

I think this is where the confusion lies. Customers are confused when Bulb say they don’t have to submit meter readings for 3 month

I mentioned something similar in response to another thread earlier today. It is confusing for Bulb say on the one hand submit monthly readings and on the other hand every three months is OK.

Hi @Lena ,

I’ve removed your phone number, as we do not share personal information on Community as it’s then publicly available to all.

If you’re concerned by the payments in that we’re asking you to make you can always lower them again in your online account. We just recommend the payment amount based on the balance in the account.

As @Allanr mentions you may want to take a look at https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/115003405632-How-do-Bulb-payments-and-statements-work-

If you need any further help then get in touch by phone 0300 30 30 635, from Monday to Friday (9:00am to 6:00pm) , on chat or by email and we can give you more personal advice.

Best

Oisin