Paying twice for my energy

I have switched from British gas to bulb, my final bill came out from British gas today, but bulb has also charged me, I also paid for both British gas and bulb last month (which was when I signed up)

British gas say bulb is at fault but nothing seems to add up why I have seem to paid double

Anyone help please

I have switched from British gas to bulb, my final bill came out from British gas today, but bulb has also charged me, I also paid for both British gas and bulb last month (which was when I signed up)

British gas say bulb is at fault but nothing seems to add up why I have seem to paid double

Anyone help please

Does this article answer your query: https://help.bulb.co.uk/hc/en-us/articles/360000313371-Why-is-my-old-supplier-still-charging-me-

I too have switched from British Gas. I had my monthly payment from them in May plus my monthly payment from Bulb. June I will have my final payment from BG plus my regular monthly payment from bulb. Switching does seem like loads of payments.

Yes there can be an overlap but at the end of the day you wont pay for the same energy twice so it will balance out.

Why does Bulb say to cancel your direct debit on your old supplier? What. This completely WRECKS your credit score and is awful advice.

Why does Bulb say to cancel your direct debit on your old supplier? What. This completely WRECKS your credit score and is awful advice.

Excellent advice from Bulb you must read the reason in the correct context.

I always cancel direct debits when the time comes that I’ve done the last payment

I always cancel direct debits when the time comes that I've done the last payment

If you have no outstanding payments sure but Bulb is recommending you do it with outstanding payments lmao

If you have no outstanding payments sure but Bulb is recommending you do it with outstanding payments lmao

Read the Bulb article where they explain the situation where you may wish to cancel your DD with a previous supplier.

This is entirely different to a bland statement that Bulb recommend you do it.

I think you’ll find if you read properly this is the advice from bulb

"You can cancel a Direct Debit with your old supplier any time, but if you do this while you still have a balance to pay, this could delay or stop your switch to Bulb.

It could also delay any refund you might be due from your old supplier. So we recommend you keep your Direct Debit open, until your balance has been paid in full"