Paying using account credit

My bill is due to go out this saturday (1st December) and I want to use my account credit to pay the bill, I have emailed but it could take 5 days for a replay by which I will have paid the bill. Plus the live chat link doesn’t want to appear so I am wondering if theres a way to do this? thanks

All bills are taken from your account credit.

Your direct debit payments are paid into your Bulb account, and your energy bills are taken from your Bulb account.

I presume what you mean you want to do is miss a direct debit payment, but this is not possible since Bulb do not allow payment holidays. What you could do is log into your account and change your direct debit down to a small value, and then back up again to a normal amount the following month. You could also contact Bulb and request a partial refund of some of your credit, subject to meeting certain conditions. See:

However, in terms of your payment on 1st December, this is now impossible to stop. Payments by direct debit are initiated around 5 working days before the payment is due to be taken. This is nothing to do with Bulb, it is industry standard for the banking sector. So unfortunately it is too late to do anything about it now with only 2 days to go.

Hi okay,
Thanks for getting back to me, sorry I am a student so I am very new to the world of bills etc. Thanks for being so informative and no worries!

You’re very welcome.

All bills are taken from your account credit.

I presume what you mean you want to do is miss a direct debit payment, but this is not possible since Bulb do not allow payment holidays. .

I believe Bulb have set up a payment holiday for customers on odd occasions. This is from my memory of postings on this forum.

I believe Bulb have set up a payment holiday for customers on odd occasions. This is from my memory of postings on this forum.

Ah, good to know! We know at least it’s not possible from the account dashboard. But setting your payment to £1 achieves more or less the same thing.

<blockquote class="Quote" rel="Hooloovoo" But setting your payment to £1 achieves more or less the same thing.

I know you meant to say £5 achieves… =)