Payment date change and monthly payment amount problem

Hello there,

I just moved to Bulb (elec and gas). I am supposed to pay on the 27th of each month, but I want to change my payment date to the 1st. We have just electricity running and gas will start to be provided in a couple of weeks.

However, when I try to change the date I am being asked to also change the payment amount, much lower than my current one, which is more than 50 pounds a month: “Your payments can’t be over £24 a month. We recommend £8 a month”. So I can’t actually change the payment date. Is this because the system is just recognising the electricity? In this case, will I be able to increase the amount in the future for elec and gas? Or is there something wrong?

Any idea?
Thanks in advance.

That’s strange, you should be able to change the amount and date independent of each other.

I would contact the Bulb team when they are back in the office tomorrow. You can find their contact details on the Help page.

Everything is fine now. I guess there were some adjustments during the ‘transition’ period but it has been automatically fixed.