payment error

The site doesn’t allow me to reduce my monthly payment. Getting “Error Message We’re having a problem processing your request”. Is there a technical problem or am I doing something wrong?

The site doesn't allow me to reduce my monthly payment. Getting "Error Message We're having a problem processing your request". Is there a technical problem or am I doing something wrong?

Are you trying to change it via the App or the Web page?

The web page

The web page

OK.

I tried a short while ago and there was no technical problems when I tried to change my DD payment.

There are two ways to get to the page where you can change your DD.

One method is to go to your “Account & tariff info” page at: Bulb account and then scroll down to “Edit payment settings”.

Do you still have the problem if you then try to reduce your monthly payment?

Thanks for the ideas but it’s still showing the same error even now a few days later. I’ve tried the web page on my android phone and Windows 7 laptop. Installed the app but it doesn’t seem to have a feature to update payment amount.

Thanks for the ideas but it's still showing the same error even now a few days later. I've tried the web page on my android phone and Windows 7 laptop. Installed the app but it doesn't seem to have a feature to update payment amount.

Sorry to hear that, I would contact the Bulb team direct, their contact details can be found on this link: How to get in touch – Bulb