Payment hasn't come out?? Why?

We have changed the bank details of our energy bills and a new direct debit set up to come out on 1st of every month. The registration of the direct debit appears on my banks online accounts page (which shows I registered it correctly) but no money has come out of the account. There seems to be no easy way to sort this without manually updating the balance myself?? This should be easy…

We have changed the bank details of our energy bills and a new direct debit set up to come out on 1st of every month. The registration of the direct debit appears on my banks online accounts page (which shows I registered it correctly) but no money has come out of the account. There seems to be no easy way to sort this without manually updating the balance myself?? This should be easy...

It takes a couple of days for direct debit to be processed through the system, it isn’t helped by a weekend being on the 2 & 3 March just after your 1 March set up.

If you go to your “Payments & statements” page does it show a pending payment, if so it means it is being processed and no no need for you to worry?

I would highly recommend you don’t do any manual updating at this time.