Payment increase. How have you worked out your averages????

I am a very unhappy customer at the moment, I have received an email stating that you will automatically be increasing my monthly payments by nearly £20 from £45.80 up to £63. I think this is wrong, as over the last 9 months my average has been around £46 a month and I’m £147 in credit, so even with the wholesale energy price increase I think you are overcharging me massively. How have you worked out your averages???

Hi @Shelvock

There’s been lots of discussion about the payment review email on Community recently. I’ve written some lengthier explanations of the process here.

@JustSsavvy @Allanr @Phillip_PAL and others have been discussing our calculations on this thread too.

You can change your payments in your Bulb account. Just head to the ‘Payments and statements’ and go to ‘Payment settings’. We do advise that you increase your payments, but you can control these on your bulb account.

Hi @Shelvock

There’s been lots of discussion about the payment review email on Community recently. I’ve written some lengthier explanations of the process here.

Could I make a suggestion that the useful estimation process at: here is included as a Help article…

This would be useful because at the moment each time I include it in a response I have to search through past topics to find it again.

Good idea @Allanr - I’ll send it over to our copy team.