Payments when in credit

My account was £121 in credit, because I got a couple of referrals, so why did bulb still take my monthly payment of £66.34?

Hi, I had the same situation, what you can do is decrease your monthly payment to an amount lower than your usual bill. The system allows you to reduce a certain amount per month so you may want to reduce it few times over the next months.

duplicate message

Hi @roggggggg as Matteo has kindly pointed out, you can adjust your payments in MyBulb under “Change my Payment Details”

Even if you accounts in enough credit to cover your next payment the payment won’t automatically be stopped. This is because your payments are set to cover your annual cost of energy, and so over the course of a year your account will move between credit and debit as your month to month usage varies.

As long as we have up to date meter readings we can either refund you the excess credit on your account (as we take payments in advance we require one months payment as credit at all times) or we can pause your payments.

Hi,

I have updated my payment amount (well before payment date) but it still debited me the old (higher) amount. Can you explain why this is and how to change it?

@abdulbasit I have messaged you due to the discussion of sensitive payment info.